CUTTING EDGE, CUTTING ENERGY
Carbon Nexus, a globally unique, open-access carbon fibre/composite research facility, is open for business and conducting strategic research projects with industry.
Deakin University's $34m facility, located at its Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus, near Melbourne, offers:
- State-of-the-art research and analysis laboratories.
- Pilot scale and research carbonisation lines, operated by experienced production staff.
- A team of capable, energetic researchers dedicated to working with industry to produce high quality carbon fibre, while reducing production costs and speeding
up manufacturing processes.
Carbon Nexus understands the needs of the carbon fibre industry. For more than a decade Deakin University researchers have been developing new and improved fibres and carbon composites. This new facility significantly enhances the capacity to deliver real outcomes for industry to capture the enormous market potential of carbon fibre and related composites.
Carbon Nexus is an integral part of the $103m Australian Future Fibres Research and Innovation Centre at Deakin.
Did you know...
Carbon Nexus is one of the premier research centres in the field of carbon fibre and composites research.
Carbon Nexus is committed to achieving total customer satisfaction through the implementation of a Quality System conforming to AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008.
We aspire to continually improve our development services through a constant focus on our operational and support processes, the training and development of our personnel and by setting improvement targets in areas that positively influence and contribute towards our Customer Satisfaction Goals:
- Accuracy - the correct requirement each and every time
- Performance - services matching customer requirements
- Value - Research services that provide value for money
- Expertise and knowledge - trained, competent and experienced carbon fibre and composite personnel
- State-of-the-art carbon fibre manufacturing and testing equipment and facilities
In collaboration with other stakeholders the primary research areas include but are not restricted to, reducing carbon fibre costs, producing high performance carbon fibre and the surface treatment of fibres. We are involved with applications in the aerospace, automotive, and industrial markets.
The Management Team have given their total undertaking to support the Customer Satisfaction Goals and the effective implementation of the Quality System at all times.
All employees, researchers and stakeholders of the Centre will be given every opportunity to participate in the improvement of ...