Precursor Spinning Lines
Carbon Nexus offers a range of capabilities at different scales for spinning precursor fibres.
Carbon Nexus can spin up to 20 filaments (0.02K) in our bench-top wet spinning facility, enabling the generation of fibres from very small samples of polymer. We also offer electro-spinning of nano-fibres as an initial means of assessing spinability.
The Institute of Frontier Materials offers laboratory-scale wet-spinning on a line provided by Dissol from Korea.
Research Pilot Scale
Together with CSIRO, Deakin University has jointly invested in Australia’s only research pilot scale wet spinning line. The “SSOLVE Mini” machine was developed by MAE S.p.A., Italy, to our specifications and is capacity-matched to the Carbon Nexus research scale carbonisation line. The wet-spinning line is capable of a range of flexible operations, including the following:
- Air-gap spinning
- Bi-component spinning, with two separate temperature-controlled dope mixers and twin spin-pumps
- Capable of utilising a range of solvents including DMSO, DMF and DMAC
- Precursor filament counts up to 500 filaments (0.5K)
- Steam stretching and relaxing
- Fully configurable washing and stretching baths with automated concentration control
Request more information
Carbon Nexus is a purpose-built research facility designed to accommodate the diverse needs of international manufacturing organisations that require the cost-effective resolution of carbon fibre-related projects.Contact Us