Carbon fibre producers
Carbon Nexus offers a wide range of unique capabilities of interest to current and future carbon fibre producers:
- PAN precursor chemical and thermal analysis, using our suite of analytical instruments including
- Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)
- Thermo-gravimetric analysis (TGA)
- Fourier transform IR spectroscopy (FTIR)
- Raman spectroscopy
- Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) imaging
- PAN precursor carbonisation analysis and optimisation, using our Research Line or our Pilot Line
- Carbon fibre chemical, physical and thermal analysis, using our suite of analytical instruments
- Surface treatment recipe development, testing and optimisation
- Sizing recipe development, testing and optimisation
- Recipe development for oxidation, stabilisation and carbonisation of carbon fibre
With the world’s only open-access carbonisation Pilot Line, Carbon Nexus offers a unique ability to process PAN precursors on an industrial pilot scale for product development, process optimisation or even small-lot contract manufacturing.
Carbon Nexus also offers the ability to licence specific carbon fibre manufacturing technologies and know-how.
The Quality Management System driving our carbon fibre research operations is certified to ISO9001-2015.
We offer a wide range of consulting services related to carbon fibre manufacturing, including:
- Quality management systems and procedures
- Operator training and skill development
- Equipment analysis
- Energy optimisation
- Cost modelling
Request more information
Carbon Nexus is a purpose-built research facility designed to accommodate the diverse needs of international manufacturing organisations that require the cost-effective resolution of carbon fibre-related projects.Contact Us